- I believe that all men are created equal but not identical: that is, I believe that each and every person is intrinsically, inestimably precious in the sight of God, and that each is endowed with specific personality traits, interests, and abilities that make him a unique individual.
- I believe that it is the privilege and responsibility of each individual to discover, develop, and use the particular talents and resources he has been given for the good of others, to the glory of God.
- I believe that it is right and necessary for each person to nurture and guard his health, his time, and his energies in wise stewardship.
- I believe that we are all connected: dependent upon and responsible to each other in ways we do not always fully realize.
- I believe that there are mysteries in the universe beyond our human understanding, and that we ought neither to scorn nor fear these mysteries, but simply trust that all we need to know will be made clear in the fullness of time.